Wounded For Me
Words by William G. J. Ovens (1870-1945) and Gladys W. Roberts (vv. 2-5)
Tune: FOR ME by William G. J. Ovens
Key signature: E flat major (3 flats)
1. Wounded for me, wounded for me, There on the cross He was wounded for me; Gone my transgressions, and now I am free, All because Jesus was wounded for me.
2. Dying for me, dying for me, There on the cross He was dying for me; Now in His death my redemption I see, All because Jesus was dying for me.
3. Risen for me, risen for me, Up from the grave He has risen for me; Now evermore from death’s sting I am free, All because Jesus has risen for me.
4. Living for me, living for me, Up in the skies He is living for me; Daily He’s pleading and praying for me, O how I praise Him, He’s living for me.
5. Coming for me, coming for me, One day to earth He is coming for me; When with what joy His dear face I shall see, O how I praise Him—He’s coming for me!