Who is He in Yonder Stall
Words by Benjamin Russell Hanby (1833-1867), 1866
Tune: WHO IS HE, by Benjamin Russell Hanby (1833-1867), 1866
Key signature: A flat major (4 flats)
Meter: 7.7.7. with Refrain
1. Who is He in yonder stall, At whose feet the shepherds fall? Who is He in deep distress, Fasting in the wilderness?
Refrain: ‘Tis the Lord! oh wondrous story! ‘Tis the Lord! the King of glory! At His feet we humbly fall, Crown Him! crown Him, Lord of all!
2. Who is He the people bless For His words of gentleness? Who is He to whom they bring All the sick and sorrowing?
3. Who is He that stands and weeps At the grave where Lazarus sleeps? Who is He the gathering throng Greet with loud triumphant song?
4. Lo! at midnight, who is He Prays in dark Gethsemane? Who is He on yonder tree Dies in grief and agony?
5. Who is He who from the grave Comes to succor, help, and save? Who is He who from His throne Rules through all the worlds alone?