Our Great Savior - Jesus! What a Friend for Sinners!
Words by J. Wilbur Chapman, 1910
Tune: HYFRYDOL, by Rowland H. Prichard, 1830
Alternate tune: HOLY MANNA (Brethren, We Have Met to Worship)
Key signature: G major (1 sharp)
1. Jesus! what a Friend for sinners! Jesus! Lover of my soul; Friends may fail me, foes assail me, He, my Savior, makes me whole.
Refrain: Hallelujah! what a Savior! Hallelujah! what a Friend! Saving, helping, keeping, loving, He is with me to the end.
2. Jesus! what a Strength in weakness! Let me hide myself in Him; Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing, He, my Strength, my vict’ry wins.
3. Jesus! what a Help in sorrow! While the billows o’er me roll, Even when my heart is breaking, He, my Comfort, helps my soul.
4. Jesus! what a Guide and Keeper! While the tempest still is high, Storms about me, night o’ertakes me, He, my Pilot, hears my cry.
5. Jesus! I do now receive Him, More than all in Him I find; He hath granted me forgiveness, I am His, and He is mine.